Abstract Submission Guidelines
Types of presentations:
55 minute oral presentation - Restricted to professionals. Speakers may conduct a 45 min. presentation with 10 minutes for questions, or a 55 minute presentation with no questions. Must be centered around a marine conservation related topic. We ask that speaker give a history of the topic and how it became a conservation issue, what is being done about the issue, and a future outlook on the issue. Please feel free to include your own research, but this is not required.
15 minute oral presentation - Open to graduate students and professionals. Speakers may conduct a 12 minute presentation with 3 minutes for questions, or a 15 minute presentation with no questions. Must be centered around a marine conservation related topic and should be on current research.
Poster presentation - open to undergraduates, graduate students, and professionals. Must be centered around a marine conservation related topic and should be on current research. There will be scholarships awarded for several categories, but the exact categories and amounts are yet to be determined based on submissions and sponsorships. Chosen attending professionals will serve as judges.
Abstract submission instructions:
- An abstract must be submitted for all presentation types no later than November 1, 2019.
- We have a limited amount of space for each presentation category and strongly recommend submitting your abstract as soon as possible.
- You will also need to register for the conference, pay the conference fee, and place a deposit on your cabin as soon as possible to ensure that you will be able to attend.
- Email all abstract submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line should include the type of presentation and your name, last name first. See examples immediately below:
55 min. oral. Moore, Moriah
15 min. oral. Moore, Moriah
Poster. Moore, Moriah
- The body of the email should include:
- Your rank: undergraduate, graduate student, professional
- Your school or organization
- Your requested type or types of presentations listed in order of preference. By choosing more than one type of presentation, if applicable (not applicable to undergraduate who are only able to do a poster presentation), you ensure receiving presentation space.
- Please attach an abstract of no more than 250 words. Please focus on the subject matter of your presentation and how it directly relates to marine conservation. Since abstracts are due so far ahead of the presentation date, general information will suffice.
- Title the document the same as the subject line of the email (see above).
- Please include presenter name only (last name first), rank, and school or organization at the top of your abstract.
- Please include a brief description of your presentation below your abstract that can be used in the schedule of events. Please do not exceed 15 words. This can be in the form of a title or a description, but the purpose is to describe what your presentation will cover in very few words.
- Other parameters: 1 inch margin on all sides, 12 pt. Times New Roman font, no graphs, no photos, no figures.
- All of this information should fit on 1 page
Questions? Email email@example.com